Concerned Med Student

Shayne writes:

Good Morning Ms. Bloggy, I write to you today asking for suggestions. I am a 24yr old Medical student, I have struggled very hard to be were I am today. Recently I went home for the holidays, and to my surprise my younger brother and sister where home alone. My sister, age 14 said that mommy has been gone for 3 days now. My brother age 11, says don't worry as he grabs his coat. I will be back, I know how to get what we need. My heart dropped Ms. Bloggy, I just couldn't believe that my mom would do such a thing. Guess this is why granny raised me. To make a long story short, I have since then took my younger brother and sister to stay with me. They have returned to school, they are eating good, and they are actually happy. Caring for them is not the problem Ms. Bloggy. The problem is how do I seek help for my mom. She has been addicted to false reality for quite some time now, and has lead the family to believe that she's fine and doesn't need any help. I refuse to give my younger brother and sister back to her, she has to seek help first. Right now my mother is very angry with me, because now the entire family is aware of her neglect to my younger brother and sister. Might I add my siblings do not want to go back.

False reality = Drugs

Ms. Bloggy what should I do?

By kids creates

1 comment:

  1. My advice to you Shayne, just take care of your siblings the best you can. It seems to me that your mother has been in what you call false reality for quite some time now. You can try to seek help by getting her to admit herself into a drug treatment center. I must be honest with you, your mother is not going to change until she is ready to change. Keep up the good work Shayne, don't give up on your mother. Just keep doing whats necessary for you and your siblings.

    ReplyDelete

Instagram