Real Life

Here is a poem from a member of Silently Speaking.......... 

Real Life

My heart aches at night, because I'm torn in between the 2.
Wrong or right is the question I have. Please help me, what should I do?
I know I should do what's right.
But doing what's expected most of the time does nothing, but results in fights.
Rather it's physically or verbally, I can't please everyone.
This is were the confusion comes in, let me tell you about life under the sun.
I have goals in life for which my mom will be so proud if I succeed. How can I make her proud, if all she does is smoke weed.
Runs into her false reality, she says it takes away the pain.
Running from her problems is what she always done. Never trying, afraid of what she will gain.
My mom really loves me, this much I know.
 It just kills me inside, because love is something she doesn't know how to show.
My dad abused my mom, far back as I could remember.
 Even tried to take her life one time. Safe to say my pops wasn't a winner.
 Brother in and out of jail. Selling drugs and running the streets.
Never taking the time to look back. Hey brother I'm here offer some brotherly love to me.
My world is so cold and dark, but you keep saying stay strong there's light at the end of the tunnel.
Stay strong how can I, when I have nobody to turn to.
So my question to you is, Why is life so hard? Why couldn't I have been dealt a better card?
I constantly daydream about a better life for my family, physically, mentally, emotionally, and finance wise.
Why isn't my family able to pave the way. I just want to have that chance to live life on the happy side.
There is something I do know, and truly believe.
That if I try try and try again. Then eventually I will succeed.



Help me help them. Please refer back to We are the World post and add a line. Let's help our youth. 

By kids creates

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram